VACANCY – SOCIAL WORKER
To co-ordinate and provide psychosocial services to patient, families and significant others who are referred to the organisation, as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide psychosocial services to Patients, Families and significant others
- Attend, participate and represent the psychosocial department at all relevant meetings
- Network and advocate on behalf of clients and their families
- Participate in training activities to widen the reach of Psychosocial Palliative Care
- Comply with administration tasks to meet organisational and legal requirements
- Submit statistical data and information to support the organisation’s MER plan
- Provide in-depth Counselling for individuals, couples, and families.
- Work with individuals, families and carers diagnosed with a life-threatening illness who are in need emotional, social or spiritual support.
- Assist and link clients to community resources when needed.
- Assess and evaluate patients’ emotional, social, practical and financial needs in collaboration with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary team, which requires the ability to analyse, interpret and explore options.
- Develop and review psychosocial care plan which reflects the needs of the patient and their families/carers.
- Understand and respond to ethnic, cultural and religious influences on the patient and family.
- Provide psychosocial palliative care training to internal and external service providers and organizations.
- Facilitate Community Education Workshops on topics such as Loss, Grief and Bereavement.
- Plan for discharge of a patient, including the co-ordination and continuity of care when required.
- Facilitate advance care planning and caregiver support.
- Provide Crisis intervention when needed.
- Facilitate conflict mediation and family meetings.
- Assist and share information on legal matters, finances, and grant applications.
- Participate at interdisciplinary team meetings, care planning, and ethics consultations on behalf of the Psycho-social team.
- Comply with legal, professional standards for documentation and maintain records used within the service, including the use of IT systems.
- Advocate on behalf of the patient and family.
- Address safety issues pertaining to the environment and concerns about potential abuse and neglect.
- BA Social Worker
- 2-5+ years’ experience as a social worker
- Experience in a Hospice environment would be an advantage
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Application of knowledge and skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational ability
- Client focused
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Work with minimum supervision
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please include a motivation letter and completed job application form. Applications must be forwarded to Human Resources for attention: Mandisa Sindana firstname.lastname@example.org , by close of business 3rd February 2021