Hospice Voices of Love campaign
1. What is your name?
2. Which hospice do you work for?
3. What do you do there?
Home care Nurse
4. How long have you been there?
10 years and 5 months
1. Why did you decide to focus on palliative care?
I got interested in caring and helping others.
2. What gives you the greatest fulfilment?
Seeing the patient and family happy.
3. What do you find the most challenging?
To drive around and time management.
4. What do you think people find the most challenging about a life-threatening diagnosis?
Fear of the unknown.
5. What do you think that you personally bring to your job that reflects who you are as a person?
Compassion, care and patience.
6. How do you take care of your own health and balance?
Diet control, exercise and religion.
7. What is your advice to anyone else wishing to join your profession?
Dedication and compassion are the key.
8. What is your advice to anyone given a life-threatening diagnosis?
Contact Hospice and learn more about your disease.
9. What is your advice to the loved ones of anyone who is given a life-threatening diagnosis?
Same as above.
10. How do your loved ones feel about the work that you do?
Respect for my work. They rely on me with everything and anything.
11. What do you like the most about the hospice that you work with?
12. Do you have a “motto” that you tend to live by that you would like to share?
Take it one day at a time and stay happy.