Ways to give | Donate today
Even the smallest good deed can cause an avalanche of kindness. There are loads of ways in which you can help us to care for those who need it most.
Donate money towards the provision of services – any amount, large or small, will help to make a difference.
As HospiceWits is a public benefit organisation, donors may claim donations as a tax deduction. Donors may also claim BBBEE points against the socio-economic development element of the BBBEE scorecard, as HospiceWits has 76% black beneficiaries.
HospiceWits is a reputable and established 40-year-old non-profit and public benefit organisation, and we rely on the support of corporates and other grant-makers. Becoming one of our partners can bring lasting benefits for both organisations.
There are many ways that your company can work with and support HospiceWits:
- Annual CSI donations.
- Sponsor one of our events.
- Sponsor a ward in our In-Patient Unit.
- Sponsor a home care vehicle.
- Donate your professional services.
- Donations in kind – donate items we consume monthly, e.g. food, pharmaceutical consumables, medication, toiletries, etc.
- Encourage your employees to volunteer at our fundraising events.
- Encourage your employees to contribute a portion of their monthly salary via payroll giving.
- Run your own fundraising event and donate the proceeds to HospiceWits.
To find out more about becoming a corporate donor/sponsor, contact us on 011 483 9100 and choose the Fundraising/Events option.
You can donate via credit card by clicking the button below:
Alternatively, you can donate via EFT – please see our banking details below:
|Bank name:||Standard Bank|
|Reference:||Your name and surname|
Lend a helping hand and you could WIN one of seven cash prizes in our monthly draws. All it takes is a monthly commitment of R50 per membership number, and you will be entered into the draws. There is no limit on entries – the more numbers you take, the greater your chances of winning.
1st prize – a whopping R20 000.oo!
2nd prize – R2000.00
3rd prize – R1000.00
4 x R500.00 prizes
Monthly debit orders or once-off annual contributions are welcome. Winners are drawn by the 10th of each month and announced via email to all members.
Simply call 011 483 9170 or sign up by clicking below.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Woolworths, MySchool, MyVillage, MyPlanet cards
Do you have one of these cards, and is HospiceWits one of your beneficiaries? You may nominate up to three charity beneficiaries, and a percentage of your purchase value will be given to HospiceWits every time you swipe your card.
- Your MySchool card can also be swiped at Woolworths’ partner businesses that include Engen, loot.co.za and Bidvest Waltons. If you are a Discovery Vitality member with Woolworths as your nominated food store, HospiceWits will benefit from all your healthy food purchase swipes. We receive these funds at the end of every month.
- Download a virtual card to your phone from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. You can then scan the virtual card at till points every time you shop at Woolworths or other partner stores, as listed above.
- Remember to link your MySchool card to your other Woolworths cards.
Our objective is to awaken the community to unconditional love and healing through social responsibility. By reaching out to others, we receive the greatest gift of all – the true essence of being!
Just as the ocean is made up of millions of droplets, our income depends on thousands of very special gifts, each of which, no matter how big or small, makes a difference.
Our Events department runs a number of fundraising events throughout the year. The dates supplied on this website are updated regularly and events can be confirmed by contacting us via email, or by calling our Fundraising department on 011 483 9100 (select option 3).
Make a birthday, wedding anniversary or any other occasion more meaningful and memorable by giving a “gift in celebration” to HospiceWits.
Whatever the occasion, you can ask your family and friends to make a donation to HospiceWits in your name, in lieu of buying a gift you may not really need or want. Some people have just about everything they need – give a gift that will really make a difference to someone’s quality of life!
We will create a special certificate for the person in whose name the donation is made, advising them of the donation. Certificates can be emailed directly or collected from our Houghton offices. Donations to HospiceWits are also tax-deductible, so please remember to request your Section 18A Tax Certificate.
For more information, call 011 483 9100 and choose the Fundraising/Events option.