HospiceWits is currently offering the Ancillary Health Care Course which is a non-accredited course.
Ancillary Health Care Workshop (AHC)
Course Duration: 10 Days over a 3 Month period
This course will enable the learner to be competent in the following aspects of home care:
- General hygiene in the home.
- Bed bathing, bed making and making sure the patient is comfortable at all times.
- Mouth care and proper cleaning procedures.
- Prevention of bedsores by regular massage of body parts and changing positions.
- Temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
- Basic Nutrition and education to family members about what to feed the patient.
- Care of the dying, preparation of the family and patients, unfinished matters.
- HIV/AIDS and TB.
- Foundational Anatomy and Physiology.
- Professional communication as opposed to social communication.
- Patient rights and dignity.
- Palliative Care
Assessments, Assignments and Tests will be written and a certificate will be issued on completion.
7 October course has reached capacity
Next course : 6 January 2024
Deposit Required to secure space
We endeavour to provide the highest palliative and health care skills development training to all our learners. We strongly encourage you to further your training and enhance your skills development through our reputable training centre.
We are an accredited organisation with the Hospice Palliative Care Association South Africa (HPCA), the Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa (Cohsasa), as well as the Quality Council for Trades and Occupation (QCTO).
If you are interested in the any of the above courses, please kindly complete the attached registration document and return to email@example.com with a copy of your identification/passport document. Please do not make any course payments or deposits until after your application and communication from the training coordinator.
The following payment options are available:
- 50% Deposit upon registration once confirmed by the CPL Tutor, Learners will be advised when to pay the deposit, please do not make deposits beforehand.
- 25% Payment mid-course
- 25% Payment end of course
- Course dates and time schedules may be subject to change due to unplanned circumstances within short notice to learners.
Please kindly note that no refunds will be given if a learner cancels the course or does not complete the course on the due date; course extension fees will apply. No certificates will be issued until all fees are paid in full.
Course contents and materials will only be accessible to learners once the deposit has been received by our financial department and learners had been receipted for the deposit made or fees payed in full.